Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Back from Big D

Back from Big ‘D’…

I’m back home in Dripping Springs and very happy to be here.
I have a little time off from gigging, and I’m just taking care of business
around the homestead.  I’m catching up since we’ve been gone most of the
summer touring Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, and California promoting our new CDs,

Last week was another great  successful week of music . We played in Dallas at
Poor David’s Pub last Friday night.  It was a fantastic turnout of friends and fans,
old and new, quite a few of Michael Hearne’s old high school mates even
showed up to cheer him on. Our audiences seems to be growing every time we play
at ‘Davids’.  I think perhaps radio airplay @ KNON of  CD’s is helping bring people
out to the shows.Thank you all for coming out and supporting live music in the Dallas area.
Thank you David Card! We’ll return to Poor David’s next March, along with Michael’s Uncle Bill Hearne, to help David celebrate 40 years of bringing music to ‘Big D’. Don’t worry I’ll remind you again early next year.

Saturday night we headed South and played in Pearland, TX.  Mona Cabler and James Adams  hosted their first house concert  to benefit  United Against Human Trafficking. We played outside and it was
a beautiful night with perfect fall weather. Folks showed up to give their support to the cause.There was food, wine, desserts, dogs, pumpkins, and inside their home was an ’art gallery’, drawing for prizes, and of course…music. Everyone had a good time and there was talk of us returning next year for another house concert on the lawn benefiting www.Rescuedpetsmovement.org.  Now that is what I call  grass roots music.

To top off last week….Last Monday night I came home after performing with George Ensle
at Poodies Hilltop Saloon.  Dee had a big old grin on her face, and she looked like she was
about to bust out of her chair from excitement!  She said Miranda Lambert had recorded my song
“You Wouldn’t Know Me” on her new CD “The Weight of These Wings” coming out in November!
Wow! Talk about one heck of a birthday present…Thank you, thank you Miranda!!  I’m waiting to hear the story of how and where she heard the song, but I’m just glad she did, and she liked it enough to put it on her new record. I can’t wait to hear her version of the tune! I bet it kicks butt!  Hey, check it out and pre-order your copy today!

Stay tuned,
Peace
Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment