Wednesday, July 15, 2020




My Residency @ The Duck

I want to thank all of you who tuned in for my live streaming solo show at The Duck last Saturday night, July 11th.  We had over 160 people listening in who stayed with us through the concert.  Thanks for your donations to the tip jar.  I thought the Duck did a great job streaming the show, both on Facebook as well as their you-tube channel.  It looked and sounded great.  This was my third streaming show from the Duck stage and it was the very best one yet by far!  They have invested in good camera and equipment to bring you the best quality in streaming possible.  It is a learning experience for everyone dealing with the new norm.  Rusty and Teresa have been bringing music and food in a comfortable setting for 30 years and at the Red Lion before the Duck.  They, like many restaurants and clubs, are barely hanging on with all the challenges going on and finding new ways to stay afloat.  They do have an online kitchen service for curb pickup with all kinds of delicious special’s every day.  Go to www.mcgonigels.com for all info for food service as well as what they are doing to first responders.  They have an extensive wine list as well as cocktails to go!  Check it out for other upcoming shows.  They are experimenting and trying to find new ways to present and bring music to everyone.

Residency @ The Duck
Partially based on how much fun my resent solo show was, and the solo shows I had been doing on occasion before the first shutdown, which I had dubbed “Friday on a Tuesday Night”.  I did that because of the success of folks coming out in numbers on a Tuesday it felt like a weekend! Teresa, Rusty and I came up with the idea of me streaming my “Friday on a Tuesday night” concerts.  So, for a while, until things return normal, this will be “my residency @ the Duck.  Please mark it on your calendars.  Every Tuesday beginning July 21st I will be I concert live on The Duck Stage, taking requests, telling stories, playing songs.  After all, The Duck is my home away from home.  So, when Tuesday rolls around and thinking something to do, just remember, there is no need to go anywhere, tune in, sit back, relax and enjoy the music.
PS:
“STREAMING FROM THE SANCTUARY”
Speaking of home, my home streaming show will be happening again this Thursday, July 16 at 7:00 PM.  This show will be #6 from home!  It is turning into my own reality show with dogs chiming in occasionally.  You never know what is going to happen or who might be dropping by!  I have been rehearsing and working on songs for the show, some requests I haven’t done in a while.  So, for a while, every Tuesday and Thursday evening I will be performing from The Duck and from home.  These will be my two steady gigs every week.  I will keep you posted, and I will remind you all on Thursday about this weeks show.  Stop by for some dinner and dance music, never a cover charge, and come as you are!
Thanks, Peace
Shake


No comments:

Post a Comment