Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Monday May 15,2017


‘PLACES IN TEXAS….

Last Thursday night I was in Johnson City, TX. swapping songs and telling stories with singer songwriter George Ensle at ‘THE 290 WINERY’ The show was promoted by Mark Stevens who has already produced several shows at the new venue.  I want to thank my old friends and patrons of live music, Al and Kay Pratt, for suggesting George and I to Mark. It has been a while since I played Johnson City, not since Al and Kay ran The Silver K Cafe.  So it was great to hear of a new live music venue in town. The 290 Winery on the west end of town (just past the traffic light) is a beautiful setting for relaxing a bit and a enjoying a glass of Texas wine, and maybe hear a little music. Thank you Warren Vilmaire and wife Susan Kirchman,  and Alison Lanik for being great hosts and for opening yet another …one of a kind place… to see and visit while traveling through the hill country of Texas. Plenty of folks did turn out on a Thursday evening. We received a good, warm Johnson City welcome back.  I saw some old faces I hadn’t seen in some time and met a few new ones.  I sure hope to return again later this summer and bring Michael Hearne.  We look forward to a drive to Johnson City to have lunch with Kay and Al and visit the “Texcetera” Gallery as well as Susan’s “Kirchman Contemporary Fine Art Gallery”! 

Saturday I traveled east on highway 290 to Burton, Texas. I played a “surprise” birthday party for a long time, hard core fan from back in “The Houston Days” Cynthia Vancil , better known as ‘SuSu’  to all her friends and family who were there to celebrate her big “Medicare Birthday Bash”.  She and her husband Lloyd hosted the party on their gorgeous 86 acre ranch just a few miles off of 290.  SuSu was so excited I was there, and she knew the words to all my old songs from the 70’s, some I didn’t even remember! We got her up to sing on a song or two. She looked like she was having a birthday to remember! It was great fun and naturally topped off with a big beautiful Texas sunset to end the evening…but not the party…. Happy Birthday SuSu!  Thanks for making us a part of your ‘Surprise’ party.

This Thursday night, May 18,  Michael Hearne, Mike Roberts and I will
return to ‘SUSANNA’S KITCHEN’ in Wimberley, TX. www.wimberleyumc.org It is a long standing concert series we love to play. The series is presented by the Wimberley Methodist Church on 1200 County Road 1492.  The show starts at 7:30 pm.  Please save me some pie.   I hope to see you out for the show.

FOR ALL OF YOU IN THE DALLAS AREA…Saturday May 20,  the Trio will be performing at the ‘THE 25th WILDFLOWER ARTS and MUSIC FESTIVAL In Richardson, TX.  This is a highly coveted music festival of Texas. I haven’t performed at the festival in many moons. It’s a multi-billed/multi staged Saturday night. Michael Hearne and I will be playing at 10pm, final show of the evening, on ”The Singers/Songwriter Stage” in the Eismann Center. We’re excited at the opportunity to perform at the festival.  If you’re in the area come on out. For more info please go to www.wildflowerfestival.com.

The following Monday night May 22, we cruise into Austin for ‘Mystery Monday’ at the El MERCADO Restaurant on South 1st Street. Music starts at 7:30pm. Come early and have dinner. It’s always a fun experience and expect the unexpected. That is why it’s called “MYSTERY MONDAY”. You just never know.

This is what I’ve been up to the past week or so
 Also what’s coming up the road. We hope to see you at one of the upcoming shows.
Stay tuned for more info.

Thanks,
Shake





No comments:

Post a Comment