Tuesday, July 3, 2018


With a few great shows under my belt and Gypsy Silver being loaded and readied for the road, I am
off to northern New Mexico for a few days out of the Texas heat. Last week we began in Friday night in Dallas at UNCLE CALVIN’S COFFEEHOUSE for a sold out show and a tremendous music loving audience.

Saturday night I ventured down to Houston for a solo show at ANDERSON FAIR the, prestigious folk club and listening room. I got a chance to play a lot of songs and had many requests for songs I had to quickly rehearse in the green room. There were songs not often in our Trio show. The audience was great and into it from the beginning and even allowed a couple of false starts here and there. It was almost like playing at home in the living room except there were a bunch of people in my living room, plus a sound system.  A very fun and intimate evening of music and stories.

On Sunday Michael Hearne and I performed the the Fulshear house concert hosted by Buddy and Belinda Williams and co-hosted with Scott Witt. It was a capacity crowd with Pauline Reese opening the show and later joining us on stage for a few tunes. Even my friend Darby Douglas, you know the traffic guy from channel 11, was there with his wife and laughing at a lot of our jokes! It’s always good to see him in the audience.

Just last Saturday night we were back In Tomball,TX. at MAINSTREET CROSSING for another sold out night with everyone giving us lots and lots of love. We are truly blessed to have so many of you who still enjoy the music and continually showing your support.

We made our way back home on Sunday and and have had a few days to rest and regroup for our journey to RED RIVER, NM.  We will appear at MICHAEL MURPHEY’S AMERICAN WEST FEST. It’s held at Bradenburg Park smack dab in the center of town. Michael Hearne and Mike Roberts and I play on Saturday @1:45pm.  In the evenings on Friday and Saturday we will be playing at the legendary MOTHERLODE SALOON. Come on out and bring your dancing shoes...there will be plenty of boot scooting going on!

I hope everyone has a great and safe Forth of July.

After the Red River jaunt I’m thinking I'm taking the rest of July off. Gone fishin’!!!! or something like that.  See you back in Texas in August and September for a series of solo shows! More on that later.

Thanks you all.

Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment