Friday, June 1, 2018

Well here I am, it’s been a little over a week since I was released from the hospital, and I’ve been doing my outpatient treatments, going to the infusion center three times a week
for my antibiotics that are injected through an IV picc placed in my right arm into my right lung. I carry the battery operated pump and the medicine In a “fanny pack” 24/7. It’s like a man purse, very European.
One of the side effects of the meds is fatigue and still shortness of of breath, so I am not quite up to snuff and back enough to strap on my guitar and climb back on stage.Because of this I‘ve had to miss several shows here lately. Michael Hearne and Mike Roberts have been wonderful carrying on and doing great shows. We had to cancel our show at Bernhardt Winery yesterday because of the
extreme heat and being advised from my doctor and nurse not to risk the outdoor show. They said even with fans on stage blowing from all four directions couldn’t prevent the possibility of over heating and dehydration and could bring on renal failure or worse. As much as I loved the Doctors and nurses at St. David’s who took such great care of me, I have no desire to go back and spend another two weeks
with them. So, I listened and took their advice and stayed home.

I apologize to those of you who turned out for the show only to find we wouldn’t be there. We will reschedule up the road. It is just taking a little longer than I had thought it might to get back
on the horse. I am improving everyday but still have a ways to go. I don’t want to bore you,with too much information , but I wanted to somewhat explain where I am with all of this.
Thanks, I really appreciate all your prayers and well wishes. I am looking forward to seeing you all and thanking you face to face. In the meantime I will keep you posted on my progress.
God Bless you all, and thanks so much for your caring and concern. Hope to see you soon.
P.S. And special Love to my precious nurse Dee,
My Clara Barton.

No comments:

Post a Comment