Thursday, March 23, 2017



‘Galveston Oh Galveston’

It is Monday morning, (my Sunday morning) this week. I’ve had a cup of cowboy coffee and I am ready to roll. I’m thinking about the past week with shows we had in Galveston, Houston, and Fulshear,TX.

Friday night we headed to the island and played for a full house of ‘Spring Breakers’.  The added attendance audience was a little livelier than usual, but we were able to rein them in for a great, fun night of music. We had them all singing along.  Old man Wrecks Bell even made an appearance to introduce us.

Saturday night we were at the iconic Fitzgeralds ‘in the Heights’. It was a 40 year reunion/celebration.  I want to thank all of you who came out to celebrate and remember all of our past times at Fitzgeralds. There were folks who had their first date there, some were even underage. And had to sneak in, but I won’t mention any names, to protect the guilty back in the day. There were plenty of stories to tell and to hear, many requests for tunes from the 70’s. Yes, I broke out a few I hadn’t performed in quite a while: Song on the Radio, Troubles, Hard to Find Smile, In Spite of Myself, Jubilation, You Wouldn’t Know Me, and a great sing along on It’s Against the Law.  At times it felt like it was 1977 all over again. I keep saying I play songs that cover five decades and two centuries. I’m shooting for at least one more decade, maybe one more quarter, and perhaps a little bit ‘overtime’.  Thanks Sarah Fitzgerald.  It was wonderful to see you. Keep up the good work my friend. It was a memorable return to my old stomping grounds.  I hope to see you there again this year.

Sunday evening, working our way back to Austin, we stopped over and performed in Fulshear, TX. at the beautiful home of  Scott and Allison Witt.  What a great way to wrap up a three day trip.  Folks filled the room and again were shouting out requests, old and new. There were old fans of the music there from the 70’s and some who had never heard us but really enjoyed the performance. We sold a suitcase full of CD’s and some of my cowboy coffee too.I also want to thank Bob Riley and Scott for booking us.   We indeed hope to return next season to this wonderful home concert series.

We continue our spring tour this Saturday in Mason, TX on the square at LeaLoumason! It is a celebration of 25 years married for Paul and Robin Bozzo and their guests but it is open to the public and a free show.  It’s a party in the biergarten that once was a lumber yard. Good food, pizza, salads and beer and wine all available for purchase.  We hope to see you all there.  I’ll let you all know how that went when
we get back.  It is in our back yard, just an hour and a half drive for us.  Https://www.facebook.com//lealoumason.com for information and directions.
Thank you for supporting live music and hope to see you at a show.
Peace, Shake

1 comment: