Friday, March 3, 2017

AS WE GO MARCHING ON



AS WE GO MARCHING ON…

March 1, 2017 and it looks like  we’re heading towards an early spring.  We saw our first bluebonnets driving down to Beaumont last week. Yes indeed, all those wild blue flowers of Texas, along the track, were forever waving back. Our return to The Logon Cafe was a success.  I hadn’t played there in eight years, so I wasn’t
sure who or if anyone would show up, but you did and we had a wonderful time and audience to play for.  Thank you Beaumont!  Thank you Chantelle for having us!  We hope to be back in Beaumont this summer. Be sure and watch for us.

Last Sunday night I performed a solo show at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck with all of you coming out clapping and singing along with me, it almost felt like a Saturday night. I knocked the dust off quite a few songs I hadn’t played in a while. I appreciate all the requests you sent my way. Plus…Joshua Cain Daugherty set up his audio equipment and recorded the show. It was just me and my guitar, so it was pretty easy to capture. Thank those of you who took home a copy/recording of the show on a thumb drive. Besides the great quality recording provided, how about all the little extras Joshua tosses in to the production: The little back stage video, graphics, pictures, set list.  He always goes the extra mile and does a really great job!  I hope you enjoy it. I’ll be back at The Duck with Michael Hearne and Mike Roberts on May 20th.  Please make your reservations soon as this show will sell out. www.mcgonigels.com

This Saturday March 4th, we’ll be in Houston at UNITUNES Concert series, located just west of the Galleria at 1900 Bering Drive, Houston, TX, 77057, between Westheimer and San Felipe. It will be our fourth visit to this wonderful venue. It is hosted by Emerson Unitarian Church, I tell you, there’s nothing like singing in a church, to a room full of music loving folks. Great acoustics too!  My brother, who is a Baptist preacher back in Missouri, would be impressed, proud, and very pleased his brother is playing the big room. So make plans to come on out this Saturday evening.  We’ll be breaking out some Bluebonnet songs.  They are starting to bloom everywhere between here and Austin and up in the Hill Country. 
We hope to see you at Unitunes. For more information and tickets: www.unitunes.org.  Music starts at 7:30 pm. Doors open at 7:00.

Thanks,
Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment