Friday, June 1, 2018

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN
After the longest hiatus from playing music I have had in decades, and after the month of May in the hospital and outpatient care, which still continues, my doctor Matthew Robinson has given me the green light to get back to work. I've had to miss several shows in the past couple of weeks because I still wasn’t feeling well enough and didn’t feel like I had sufficient energy to play a show. Well today they took the IV picc out of my arm and lung, and I’ve traded in my electric pump and man-purse which I had to wear and carry everywhere for a dose of oral antibiotics twice a day, to get my old black ovation guitar back.  Today I am a very happy guy!

My first show back will be in Llano tomorrow night. My old friend and entrepreneur Kevin Harney (who use to manage IQUANA GRILL on Lake Travis) is now a Partner at the historic BADU1891 Restaurant and Bar in Llano,TX.  It has been closed for awhile for renovations and will have their long awaited grand opening.  For all the folks who have missed Iquana Grill Venue now have a grand 4-star hotel restaurant and bar with great food in a historic building in Llano, TX.  Michael Hearne, Mike Roberts and I play from 7 to 10pm.  So all of you in the area come on out and come hungry.  I look forward to seeing you all and playing some songs for you.

Next Thursday, June 7th we will be performing at McGonigel's Mucky Duck. We will be playing the early show, which is good for a Thursday night. The music starts at 7pm and we will be performing a ninety minute set finishing at 8:30. The Duck is my home away from home.  I love playing there.  So come out early, have some supper, hear some music, see I am still alive and well, and still get back home early.  P.S. My Doctor had one stipulation on my returning to the stage.  He said, “Shake you can play guitar
and sing, but no rapping for a couple of more weeks".  Darn it!

And finally to continue my come back and recovery, we will be at The Kerrville Folk Festival June 9. We are honored to be part of an evening paying tribute and remembering the late Ms. Bonnie Hearne. Put this on your calendar and come hear Tish Hinojosa, Michael, Mike Roberts and Me, The Bill Hearne Trio from Santa Fe, NM, Christine  Albert and Chris Gage and more surprise guests.   We will be sharing songs and stories of remembrance. We love you Bonnie and we miss your sweet presence and your sweet voice.

We hope to see you at one of these shows coming up.
Thanks,
Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment